Saturday 8 October 2011

EURO 2012




Forget the fact that Wayne Rooney got sent off and England only drew in Montenegro.


England have qualified for EURO 2012.


YES!


I am particularly pleased. My May 2012 book - Squad: Black Op - has England arriving in Poland for EURO 2012. If England had failed I would have had a monstrous rewrite on my hands.


Now I can can look forward to a busy May and June promoting reading and writing through football.


This is what I am planning:


* a tour of schools, libraries, festivals and bookshops to launch the Squad series - using my FOOTBALL READING GAME to get children talking about what they like to read, be it newspapers, magazines, books or websites. They'll also get to meet an author and hear lots of tips on how to write.


* a free daily story for classroom reading, written every day so it uses some of the real events happening in the tournament


* a free daily writing exercise based on what is happening in EURO 2012 for schools


* a free toolkit of activities, games, display ideas and more so that schools and libraries can use the tournament to engae children with reading and writing


The resources above will be availble from March 2012. I am taking bookings for May and June events in schools now. You can email info@tompalmer.co.uk for more information.

No comments: