Monday 2 August 2010

Good Day


I wish every day was like today.

First, I wrote 2000 words in the Bear, a five minute walk from my house. I got Danny into a boat, rowing across Lake Como at 3 a.m. then, sadly, left him for dead. Will he survive?

Second, I went to play tennis with my wife and daughter.

Third, I did some other work. Admin. Research. Etc.

Fourth, I went on a two-hour walk in the hills with my wife and daughter. As you can see. I would show you a picture of them, but they want to remain anonymous.

Now I'm going to watch a DVD with my wife. Cranford.

This is all great. In term time I am in schools or libraries five days a week, in hotels three nights a week and on trains eternally. Even weekends can be work-centred.

Don't get me wrong. I love going into schools. I like trains. I like some hotels. I need the money. But this is better.

Until September...

No comments: